Rules and Regulations For Students
Students enrolled at Smt. Mohari Devi Taparia Kanya Mahavidyalaya must recognize their responsibilities towards the faculty, office staff and fellow students. Failure to maintain appropriate standards of conduct will attract disciplinary action.
The College believes that duty, decorum and discipline are the hallmarks of a good student. Students with such qualities alone can prove to be productive manpower with an appreciable value system. Therefore erring students would be subjected to certain disciplinary code. The following acts, would be deemed to be acts of indiscipline – any overt or covert act leading to ragging and eve teasing, disruption of class room activities or disturbing the studies of other students or marring the operations of the college or its educational activities or harming the health or safety of staff or students or damaging the college property or possession of any intoxicants or illicit drugs or weapons in the college campus, misconduct during examination, production of false information or documents for admission purpose and the failure to return loaned materials or settle debts with the college.
As per Supreme Court Judgment ragging is – any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act with the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
The punishment may also take the shape of:
- withholding scholarships or other benefits
- debarring from representation in events
- withhold results
- suspend or expel from hostel or institute
- Classes start from 10.00 AM and may continue up to 3.00 PM on all the six days of a week (Monday to Saturday). Students are advised to come to the college by 09.45 AM to attend classes. As per university rules 75% attendance is mandatory to appear in year end examination.
- Students must adhere to the Dress Code of the College.
- No student is permitted to leave the classroom during class hours.
- Students should not leave the class or attend it late under the pretext of paying fees, visiting the library, cafeteria etc.
- Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the College Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
Use of mobile phones within the College campus is strictly banned. Violation of this rule by any student would result in impounding of the Cell phone and strict disciplinary action against the student.
- Every student must carry her Identity Card while entering the campus and identify herself with help of the Identity Card whenever asked for.
- No guests/visitors shall be allowed with the students in the class/lab/ library.
- Students must help keep the college neat and clean and also preserve and maintain the greeneries. Eatables/beverages are not allowed inside the study areas including labs, library and auditorium. Students should have their tiffin inside the canteen or class room. Spitting is prohibited in the premises of the college.
- Students must conserve electricity and water. They must switch off lights & fans when they leave the class room, laboratories and library.
- No notice of any kind shall be circulated among students or displayed on black boards or on notice board without the written permission of the Principal. No information or report should be sent to press or broadcasting agencies without the permission and approval of the Principal.
- Students should not involve themselves either directly or indirectly in any form of politics either inside or outside the College during their period of study. If a student fails to comply with this regulation, strict disciplinary action will be initiated against the student which may even result in the rustication of the student from the College.
- Loitering and wasting time on the College campus and canteen causes indiscipline on the College campus and that must be avoided.
- All the labs follow certain safety and academic norms for their smooth functioning. Students are advised to keep themselves updated on those norms and follow them accordingly.
- While studying at the college, students will have to operate instruments, chemicals and tools carefully and observe all safety regulations and see that no damage is caused to self, others or to the college property and equipment. In case it is found that they have caused any damage to the college property they shall be required to reimburse or make good the damage caused. Any decision regarding the extent of their liability on such account shall be at the discretion of the Institute, which shall be final.
In case of medical emergency in the laboratory, the student must inform the faculty member/technical assistant without any hesitation.
Access to the Internet is a privilege, not a right.
- Students should enter the login and logout time in the log note without fail.
- Students must produce Identity Card when demanded, to utilize the lab resources.
- Students are not allowed to download pictures, music, videos or files without the permission of a staff.
- Log-on with your username and password for your use only. Never share your username and password.
- Food or drinks are not allowed to bring inside the computer lab.
- Do not install software without permission.
- Do not remove or disconnect parts, cables, or labels.
- Usage of storage devices (CD, DVD, Pen Drive, External HDD, etc.) is prohibited.
- Site includes chat rooms, instant messaging (IM), social and adult sites are strictly prohibited.
- No Internet/Intranet gaming activities allowed.
- Do not personalize the computer settings. (This includes desktop, screen saver, etc.)
- Ask permission to print.
- Maintain silence inside the lab.
- Log-off — leave the computer ready for the next person to use. Pick-up your materials and push in the chair.
- Students should attend all classes regularly and punctually.
- Students must be punctual to each lecture hour.
- Although the University prescribes a minimum of 75% of attendance, the College insists on regular attendance in all classes. Students are eligible for scholarships only when they earn more than 90% of attendance.
- A student with less than 75% of attendance will not be eligible to write the year end Examinations of the University.
- Students are not permitted to absent themselves without prior permission.
- An application for leave must be submitted in the prescribed form well in advance or at least a day before the leave is required.
- When absence without prior permission is unavoidable the leave application must be submitted on the day of return to the College after the leave period.
- Students without Identity Card & proper Uniform will be marked absent.
- In case of any violation of rules and regulations by the student, action initiated against the student may include a warning or a reprimand, awarding a fail mark for an assignment or course, suspension or expulsion from a particular class or from the College, withholding of official documents, withdrawal of campus privileges and any other action which the College authorities deem appropriate at that time.
- The Library is open to all the Students, Faculty and Staff of the Smt. Mohari Devi Taparia Kanya Mahavidylaya.
- Readers are not allowed to enter the library with their personal belongings.
- Readers are prohibited from engaging in any activity which may disturb or distract the attention of other readers and will result in severe disciplinary action.
- No reader shall write upon, damage or make marks on any library book.
- Date label and book pockets shall not be tampered with. Serious notice will be taken on any violation of this rule.
- A reader who fails to return a book on the due date will be charged a sum of 1 Rs. per day as fine till she returns the book. Such a reader will not be allowed to use the library till the book is returned and fine paid.
- At the end of examination, the student should return all the books to the library.
- The marksheet shall be issued to the students only after they return all the books and remit dues outstanding against them.
- Dictionaries and books which might be difficult to replace and such other books declared as Reference Books shall not be loaned.
- Readers shall be responsible for any damage done to the books or other property belonging to the Library of the College. If the replacement of the books or other properties is not possible, two times the value of the book/property may be collected from the student concerned.
These rules and regulations are complementary to the rules and regulations of the college.
- Inmates of the hostels should strictly abide by the rules and regulations of the hostels. A declaration to this effect should be signed at the time of admission.
- The Warden shall act as the local guardian of the inmates of the hostel.
- No student is permitted to leave the hostel without the consent of parents and without permission from the Warden.
- While going outside the hostel premises, the inmates should maintain discipline and their behavior and conduct should be impeccable so as to keep up the honor and prestige of the College. If there is any complaint against any of the inmates regarding her misbehavior, severe disciplinary action will be taken, which may even lead to expulsion from the Hostel or College.
- The principal is vested with powers to regulate the hostel admission assisted by the respective wardens and to enforce general discipline in the hostels. Admission may be refused to any student seeking the same, and any inmate may be dismissed without assigning reason, if they indulge with any gross misbehavior.
- Inmates are not permitted to organize any picnic or pleasure trip without the permission of the warden. No unauthorized meetings or activities are permitted in the premises of the hostels. Any such meeting or activity will be viewed very seriously and action which may include dismissal from the Hostel will be taken against the organizers.
- Guests/day scholars are not allowed to stay in the hostels. Action will be taken against if any guest/day scholar is found in the rooms.
- Rooms shall be kept neat and tidy. The inmates are responsible for the care of the furniture and fittings in their respective rooms. For loss or damage to hostel property the inmates will be penalized and the cost will be recovered from them.
- No student will be allowed to use the mobile phones/hostel phone unless it is very essential. If it is essential students can use the phone with the permission of the warden. Incoming calls will be allowed up to 8 P.M. (for half hour) only.
- The incoming calls will be intimated to the inmates only if the Warden is convinced of the identity of the person calling.
- During study hours visiting other rooms should be avoided.
- Visitors will be permitted only on Sundays and other holidays between 9.00 AM and 6.00 PM.
- In order to reach the classes in time, all students residing in the hostels should start from the hostel at 10 minutes before the stroke of the bell both in the forenoon and in the afternoon. Late arrival in the class will be viewed seriously and such students may be asked to vacate the hostel in the event of repeated violation of the rule.
- The use of tape recorders will not be allowed in the hostel.
As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell has been established by Smt Mohari Devi Taparia Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Jaswantgarh to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere for the staff and students of the College.The cell has well-developed guidelines and norms for a policy to uphold zero tolerance towards sexual harassment. The college has entrusted the task of developing principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment to this cell. Cell promotes measures aimed at achieving gender equality, removal of gender bias or discrimination, sexual harassment, and other acts of gender-based violence by organising awareness programmes and campaigns for the benefit of all members of the College.
What is Sexual Harassment at the Workplace?
“Sexual Harassment” includes anyone or more of the following unwelcome acts or behaviour:
1. Making sexually suggestive remarks or innuendos.
2. Serious or repeated offensive remarks, such as teasing related to a person’s body or appearance.
3. Offensive comments or jokes.
4. Inappropriate questions, suggestions or remarks about a person’s sex life.
5. Displaying sexist or other offensive pictures, posters, mms, sms, whatsapp, or e-mails.
6. Intimidation, threats, blackmail around sexual favours.
7. Threats, intimidation or retaliation against an employee who speaks up about unwelcome behaviour with sexual overtones.
8. Unwelcome social invitations, with sexual overtones commonly understood as flirting.
9. Unwelcome sexual advances which may or may not be accompanied by promises or threats, explicit or implicit.
10. Physical contact such as touching or pinching.
11. Caressing, kissing or fondling someone against her will (could be considered assault).
12. Invasion of personal space (getting too close for no reason, brushing against or cornering someone).
13. Persistently asking someone out, despite being turned down.
14. Stalking an individual.
15. Abuse of authority or power to threaten a person’s job or undermine her performance against sexual favours.
16. Falsely accusing and undermining a person behind closed doors for sexual favours.
17. Controlling a person’s reputation by rumour-mongering about her private life.
Anti Sexual Harassment Cell
The cell assures all the complaints of the students, teaching and non-teaching staffs are treated with dignity and respect and the complaints should be maintained confidential.
False Reporting: Intentionally making a false report or providing false information is grounds for indiscipline.
For any Complaints, Queries & Assistance Contact: +919549543991
1. Dr Payal Verma (Convener)
2. Ms Radhika Lohiya
3. Mrs Jyoti Pareek
4. Mrs Sangeeta Shastri
5. Dr Navneet Swami
6. Mr Gaurav Joshi